Since its inception more than 20 years ago, the development of open-source has gained momentum and also entered the governmental sphere.
- Already in 2010, more than 300 governmental initiatives used open-source as a result of public availability, transparency, and open cooperation.
- The aim of an open platform is to provide more control and offer solutions for the unknown future.
- Each system is different and there is no single comprehensive solution. Only the right combination and interconnection of systems with each other.
- Open-source provides free software, not a free solution.
Advantages of open-sourceare simply endless
- Healthy competitive environment among suppliers
- Elimination of dependence on IT solution providers
- Support from the development community
- Transparency and control over the solution
- Facilitates public data sharing and replication of existing solutions
- Allows tailoring open-source applications to suit specific needs and requirements
The open-source strategy enables the involvement of the public sector in the development of solutions, community cooperation, sharing of know-how. It also guarantees cost reductions, eliminates the need to purchase overpriced licenses, and completely eliminates reliance on a single supplier.
for digitalization of the state administration
Digitalization with the help of open-source counts on the participation of citizens, technology enthusiasts, millennials, and experts in agenda systems in all areas of public administration thanks to modern and open technologies.
Github = public cloud
Github is a single public repository that is the source of all open-source code. The open-source community attracts very creative and highly motivated developers who like to collaborate and improve the products we use as citizens in public administration.
We believe that every institution must be able to download free software that meets its needs.
No vendor-lock = freedom
Vendor-lock means binding and dependence on a single supplier. However, the relationship between government and suppliers should be balanced and based on partnership. The supplier should never dominate the state.
We create an environment that is based on partnership and freedom of choice.
Flexibility = savings
If a customer uses software built on an open-source platform, he gains flexibility at the platform architecture level. He can thus choose the most suitable solution and supplier for specific components. The alternative creates savings because open-source software offers its users more freedom to choose other products.
We create a quality and affordable alternative.